Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thankful Anyway Thursday

Thankful Anyway Thursday

Wow, it is Thursday all ready. Having a day where you know you have to post something is a little stressful, I don't know how Ms. Molly has managed for the past year or so.

What has annoyed me this week?...

There are a couple of things but only one that fits into the category of this post and that is the issue of being far away from my family and friends who I know can help me get through the rest of my pregnancy (I have reached 25 weeks!). I have reached the stage where I am beginning to have some questions. Books and websites can only give you a guide. I really don't want to attend a antenatal class...I just don't (and Richard isn't too keen on it either). My mid-wife made me feel a little bad for not being up for it, I just feel that it would be a waste of time. I already know things are going to be different when the baby comes. Maybe I am being silly, and one thing my midwife did mention is that maybe it will get me to meet and befriend some new mommies in my area. Good argument...but I have many other excuses in my head to work around this argument, such as transport to get to these sessions...anyway...

The good thing that comes out of this is another argument for Facebook. In February I wrote about how Facebook helped me to feel connected to my cousins and friends when I was lonely. I have been able to post my blogs on Facebook so my cousins and friends can read them, and I have easy email access to them individually. I have found that people are so excited to give advice, and I really do appreciate it.

My new experiences in the "blog-o-sphere" have been good too. I have enjoyed finding and reading some really good blogs by people who are new to the whole mommy thing as well (I have some of their links in the side bar if anyone is interested).

So to recap...
I have been a bit upset that I don't have full access to my support system physically, however, I am thankful anyway because I have been able to find another way to access my support system that doesn't involve outrageous phone bills and plane tickets.

Question...
Do you recommend that I do the classes? Did they help you?

1 comment:

Jessika said...

The a couple of the ladies in my life...ie: my mom, my husband's mom, my grandmother and my friend D...all decided that we needed to take a class. So, I went with the All day Saturday class in October. We shall see how that goes.

See I listen to you guys, however when the matriarchs tell you should do something, you probably should.