Saturday, January 19, 2013

Reading quietly

All of a sudden I have become hooked on Quiet Books.

I have had a flash memory of a fabric, hand sewn book that had little activities in it that my grandmother had.

As I was researching little colouring pages of ducks for the "5 little ducks" song, I came across the world of Quiet Books.  I have become incredibly aware that I will have to keep the Sprout entertained for 10 hours on a plane and 3 hours in the airport in five months.  I have been researching travel kits for kids and the Quiet Book would be one perfect addition.

Awesome felt books that you sew together for your little one to play with and KEEP QUIET while learning!  There are some really cool ideas and the best part about felt is that there can be allot less seam sewing and fraying.  The down side is that good felt can be pricey...not as pricey as making a quilt though.

There are two sites that I love and one in particular that I have been salivating over.  The Quiet Book Blog is a really good resource but Imagine Our Life is really cool.  Pinterest is a really good place to find ideas for the Quiet Book pages.  The first page I am doing is a mail box.


I have it all cut out, I just have to sew it.  Isn't it cool?

No comments: