Thursday, August 9, 2012

School

Can you believe that I am thinking about going back to school?

I can't believe it myself, but this time it is directly related to job training.  I really hate my job.  I really LOVE my little nursery singing group, and after a short talk with my volunteer supervisor, it was realized that I would be really good at teaching music to nursery children.  He said that he would love to hire me, but the government doesn't want to fund me (the reason I have this volunteer position in the first place). Unfortunately, short of getting £6000 for a music franchise or passing out fliers, the best way of doing this would be to get some kind of Childhood Education Certification.  The certification takes about 2 years, and the tuition all depends on if you study on-line or at College (between £450-£6000).  In either situation, you also have to do around 400 hours of work in a childcare setting which is allot, but fair.  So far I have undertaken about 16 hours with my class, so I am on my way.

What I find so funny is that I have always wanted to do teaching.  I have always been good at music.  This would have made so much more sense to have done 15 years ago, but no.

No comments: