Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Traumatized


Oh man, I could go on and on, but I will write about something that has dissapointed me.


I have always liked learning. I have never been that great at school, but I got by. I completed High School because I wanted to go to college.  I went to college for a total of 10 years, starting in 1995 as a junior in High School.  I attended Tacoma Community College, got an AA degree in 1997 (the same year I graduated High School) and also almost completed a Criminal Justice AA as extra between 1998-1999 and 2002-2003.  I attended the University of Alaska Fairbanks in 1999, but moved to Central Washington University in 2000.  I graduated CWU in 2002 with a BA in Anthropology.  I actually took some time off, but took some classes as personal enrichment during 2003-2004.  I finally went to the University of Bradford in the UK in 2005 and got a Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Osteology and Paleopathology in 2007.  That's where it all ended, and now I am $40,000 in debt and working at a coffee shop.

Getting my PGD ruined my want to attend any more schooling. I never want to go to University again.  It was the hardest, most stressful and most depressing thing I have ever done.  I loved what I learned, and it was nice to be pushed  hard and I felt I was doing something important, not to mention I was getting to do something I loved.  The time I had after school hours was amazing.  I met my husband and my best friend at Bradford and I even still live there.  But the experience was enough for a life time and completely traumatized and ruined further education for me.  (I guess it didn't help that my grandmother died during that time).


No comments: