Thursday, April 28, 2011

My favourite room



Project Blog: Question Two.
What is your favorite part of your home and why?  Interpret as you may- it could be your favorite room or a piece of furniture or a feature of your actual house.  

There are so many areas of my house that I really like.  Our kitchen/dinning room somehow feels like you have cut yourself off from the rest of the world because it is at the back of the house.  The square footage is the same as Richard and my first apartment in Bradford.  And the lighting is so nice.  It also has a beautiful view of the back yard and park.



Dining room



View from the dining room


I also love our spare room.  Because it is also at the back of the house, it is quiet and has the awesome view.  I also love the blue that we painted it.


Spare room, which doubles as the computer room.


View from the spare room


But my all time favourite room in the house is my Sprout's room.  I love the walls.  It is so calming and it is the only room that isn't shared with our neighbour's.  I wish the room was in the back of the house and it had a bigger window, but I do love that room.






Now that it is being Spring and almost Summer like outside, I have to say my favourite place in my house is our back garden.  I love it.  It's only downfall is that 3 houses have a view of what we are doing, so we  are thinking of some hedges at the bottom.  Also when the neighbours are outside, I feel as if we should all be doing something together, I at least feel the need to acknowledge their presence.  But other than that, I love it.  It is big and gets tons of sun.  I love that I can watch the Sprout from the house.  I love that because the park is next to it and there are no roads, it is quiet and you hear birds chirping.  I also love the grass and that my cat has a real boundary.



No comments: